Friday, April 4, 2008

One week to go

Is it too late to switch the person I'm going to write about? It would appear that I have enough information on the Munds to get going, but I have no idea what do with it. I'm considering dropping the class. Kidding. I'm, however, considering the following angles:

The trip across the Atlantic/Steerage conditions on the Suevia. Although that doesn't feel all that fresh and exciting to me.

A sort of historical look at the day the Munds arrived in NYC, 11/27/1882. This would be light on the family and might be too much like a encyclopedia entry.

A comparison/contrast kind of thing about how John Munds rented farm land and later his daughter would go to court over farm land she thought she owned with her husband. Again I'm too sure how to do that. I thought I could find some information on farm condition in Champaign County in the early 1900s when the Munds were renting farm land, but so far I've found nothing.

I'm sure I'll figure something out.

No comments: